Aptimize has released a product called Runtime Page Optimizer. The software runs on your web server and applies performance optimizations to pages before they are delivered to the browser.
The software works by reducing the number of HTTP requests and the amount of data that is transmitted. The following features are implemented:
- minifies, combines and compresses stylesheets
- combines images into CSS sprites
- inlines images inside the stylesheet
- turns on gzip compression
- sets far future Expires headers
- loads scripts asynchronously
Currently they have versions available for SharePoint, ASP.NET and DotNetNuke and they are working on a Apache version.
Visit the Runtime Page Optimizer website for more information.
By the way, if you’re interested in website performance, you may want to have a look at this Q&A with Steve Souders from back in August where he shares his insights about website optimization and YSlow.
Found via the High Performance Web Sites blog.