Connect your Pingdom account to more than 100 web services with Zapier
There are many web services that can extend the functionality of your Pingdom account in different ways, and now there’s one more. With Zapier, you can connect your Pingdom account to more than 100 web services. In fact, Zapier lists almost 200 services in total, which you can use to automate your digital life.
With Zapier, you create a zap, which consists of a trigger and an action. With your Pingdom account the available triggers are:
- An alert is issued for one of the sites or servers you monitor.
- A new check is created.
- A new contact is created.
When one of these things happen, you then decide what action should take place. You can, for example:
- Send a message using AIM, App.net, CampFire, Google Talk, HipChat, or Yammer when a site is down.
- Receive a notification on your desktop via Noti when a site is down.
- Create a comment in Trello with the details of a new check when it is created.
- When a new contact is added, create a note in Evernote with the contact’s details.
- Create a new event in Google Calendar when a site is down.
- Send a tweet when a site is down.
- And much, much more.
Once you have built a zap it can run automatically at a regular interval or you can run it manually from the Zapier dashboard when you want to.
Using Zapier with your Pingdom account is easy, Zapier even shows you how. In this video, you learn how to integrate Pingdom with CampFire, but many of the same steps can be used for other services, as well.
Zapier has a number of plans, including a completely free one, so there is no reason for you not to start creating zaps right now.
If you create a really cool and useful zap using your Pingdom account, let us know in the comments – we’d love to see what you come up with.