Pingdom’s must-read articles #48
Here is the latest collection of must-read articles for the weekend. We regularly publish these lists with what we hope is useful and interesting content for you. The topics vary but we try to include website monitoring, web performance, devops, and more.
This week we have selected articles on autmating web performance optimization, fallback for when CDNs fail, programming language popularity, and more.
This week’s suggested reading
- Automating Performance Best Practices with PageSpeed: Video of Ilya Grigorik’s presentation at Google I/O.
- Automating Web Performance Optimization: A presentation by Tobias Baldauf, in which he says that web performance optimization itself can become very time consuming. The presentation covers how to automate monitoring and optimization to keep your sites fast and resilient.
- CDNs fail, but your scripts don’t have to – fallback from CDN to local jQuery: If you put content on CDNs, you increase your external dependabilities. Scott Hanselman shows how you can use jQuery to create a fallback, just in case the CDN you use fails.
- User Experience Trends for Admin Dashboards: Jake Rocheleau takes a look into various styles and ideas for creating administration dashboard pages.
- Programming Language Popularity: Drew Conway has created an interactive chart of how popular different programming languages are based on data from Github and StackOverflow.
You can also subscribe to these articles
You can also subscribe to these weekly articles and receive them in your email inbox as soon as a new one has been published. Sign up here!
Image via Shutterstock.