Here is the latest collection of must-read articles for the weekend. We regularly publish these lists with what we hope is useful and interesting content for you. The topics vary but we try to include website monitoring, web performance, devops, and more.
This week we have selected articles on front-end latency, high-performance browser networking, and more.
This week’s suggested reading
- Web Performance APIs Rapidly Become W3C Recommendations: Microsoft’s IEBlog details the maturity level of all the specifications currently edited by the W3C Web Performance Working Group.
- Startup Lab workshop: Web Front-End Latency: Steve Souders talks about tools to measure site performance, how to identify bottlenecks, demonstrate automated site acceleration technologies, and review best practices for making your site scream.
- High Performance Browser Networking: Read an early version of Ilya Grigorik’s upcoming book.
- Interview with Jason Fried of 37 Signals: Jason talks about his background, how 37 Signals started, startups, and much more.
- Very simple performance notifications using Pingdom and a Raspberry Pi: Robert May is using his Raspberry Pi, Ruby, and the Pingdom API for a rather different notifier.
You can also subscribe to these articles
You can also subscribe to these weekly articles and receive them in your email inbox as soon as a new one has been published. Sign up here!
Image via Shutterstock.