Great news today! The new Pingdom GIGRIB website finally went live on uptime.pingdom.com. Apart from the new, shiny design, courtesy of our eminent web designer, you will notice a few other changes from when the website was located at uptime.ipwalk.com.
- GIGRIB now offers you 10 free checks instead of 5.
- Creating a user is super easy. All you need to enter is your email address, your desired password, and what you want your screen name to be.
- Becoming part of the Pingdom GIGRIB network is easier than ever. All you have to do is download the GIGRIB client and go through the extremely simple installation (press “next” twice). You don’t have to have a website to join Pingdom GIGRIB. By running the client, even in “anonymous” mode, you will be helping us out with our extensive goals.
A note to existing GIGRIB users
- You don’t need to make any changes. It will Just Work ™.
- Pingdom GIGRIB is still free, and will remain free.
Coming up soon…
- Support for blocking GIGRIB thought Meta syntax and robots.txt.
- User Agent will be changed to Pingdom GIGRIB UPTIME bot v1.1. This to make it easier to filter out GIGRIB visits from your website statistics.
- An even easier installation and activation process.
- AJAX features. (Do we hear “Web 2.0”?)
Please note that you can also locate the Pingdom GIGRIB website directly in the top menu on www.pingdom.com.