Incident management is a vital part of monitoring for everyone involved in creating great web services. To us, it’s important that a tool for incident management is cast in the same mold as all Pingdom products; Powerful yet easy to use.
Today, we’re thrilled to take Pingdom BeepManager out of beta, and bring you a new and better way to work with your incidents. Internet is a fragile thing and stuff will break, so having the right person getting the right alert in the right way is an important part in our commitment to make the web faster and more reliable.
From how you are alerted to the way you interact with issues through assigning or reassigning, and closing incidents – we built BeepManager to feel natural to the Pingdom experience you already know. There is a lot of features built in, such as alert policies, on-duty scheduling, maintenance scheduling, alert-flood protection, and integration with other monitoring solutions. We can’t wait to see what everyone will be doing with BeepManager.
When you open My Pingdom you’ll be met by a new look and feel more suited for monitoring and incident management. We have focused on creating a tool that is simple and easy to use. So regardless of who you are, your need for better and more accurate alerting is always our priority. Using BeepManager will ensure that you’re always the first to know of any issues with your website.
Say hello to BeepManager
So what can you expect from BeepManager? We’ll take a more in-depth look at what you can do in upcoming blog posts. But for now here’s a taste:
- Alert policies: Create custom alert policies for you and your team members, and make sure the right person get the right alert the right way.
- Schedules: You’re now able to manage on-duty schedules, who will get what alert and when.
- Maintenance: Your planned maintenance won’t disturb anyone with alerts in the middle of the night.
- Integration: Use with your other monitoring solutions – from day one: Nagios, and we’ll keep adding to that.
- Alert flood-protection: Pingdom bundle up multiple alerts triggered within a short period of time into one summary alert.
You can read more about BeepManager on our website.
A big thank you
During our beta period we received so much great and useful feedback from our customers. We would like to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you. And please don’t hesitate to make your voice heard even now as we go live. Your feedback helps us make Pingdom even better.